Design & Construction
All TGOs use a combination of traditional and composite materials combined together to craft a stunning, cost effective, no maintenance structure that will give you a warm, comfortable, professional and inspiring working environment for a minimum of 30 years.
Foundation and Base
- Tried and tested, our unique concrete pile foundation system ensures that your garden office is perfectly level. What’s more, the price of our foundation system is already included in the price of your garden office building.
- Our concrete mini pile system is significantly more environmentally friendly than a complete concrete base whilst being as effective.
- Ground can be undulating up to 400mm (but average as 200mm) for our concrete pile foundations to be used, meaning less prior groundworks for most customers.
- In-house engineered wall insulation system that is eco-friendly and A+ rated for fire safety.
- The layers of the wall insulation include a cavity gap, a PhotonWrap breathable membrane & industry leading high density Rockwool insulation.
- The roof and floor sections use high density polyurethane insulation which is double steel backed.
- Durable and easy clean melamine interior walls provide a lightly reflective soft sheen surface that is strong enough to hold fixings such as shelving and pictures. The melamine is UV stable – meaning it is will not discolour or bleach in the sunlight.
- The floors of our garden offices are engineered to sit off the ground, removing the risk of rising damp.
- Double steel backed 80mm polyurethane insulation is power coated on both sides for a maintenance free finish. For the finished interior product an underlay is fitted onto the steel and then your choice of flooring on top.
- Incredibly strong, the floors can comfortably hold a 220kg load capacity per square metre.
- Our roofs are exceptionally strong and maintenance free.
- Composition: 60mm - 80mm of high density polyurethane insulation is surrounded by 2mm steel plates – the steel exposed to the elements is coated in an Epoxy resin, to completely resist weathering and growth of natural materials, whilst the interior steel panel is powder coated in a soft sheen white.
- The roof of every building from The Garden Office has a 4degree slope from front to back, allowing water to run off to the back guttering system.
Windows and Doors
- Both the doors and windows of our garden offices are steel enforced uPVC.
- All doors and windows are fitted with hard coated, low-e Pilkington K Optiwhite ‘extra clear’ double-glazing - argon filled and fitted with a Planitherm layer and Swisspacer to provide superior insulation and energy efficiency.
- For added privacy we can swap your ‘extra clear’ glazing for obscured/frosted glass at no extra cost.
- Every door and window is lockable to residential quality using Yale for easy insurance coverage for your garden office.
- Internal electrics fitted by our own part-p certified electricians. This includes 3x double sockets, consumer unit & internal lighting as standard.