Design & Construction
All TGOs use a combination of traditional and composite materials combined together to craft a stunning, cost effective, no maintenance structure that will give you a warm, comfortable, professional and inspiring working environment for a minimum of 30 years.
Foundation and Base
Concrete pads support a heavy duty floor panel, lifting the whole structure off the ground and ensuring a free flow of air under the building, eliminating the risk of rising damp and condensation.
The walls of your garden office are meticulously engineered using 5-layers of industry leading materials for superior insulation. The layers of the wall section are as follows:
1) The outer wall of your garden office is clad in slow-grown, tanalised, pressure-treated Scandinavian Redwood. You can also opt for Honey Redwood or Cedar or the latest in composite external materials.
2) A cavity air gap, which is designed to reduce heat loss. This space will also house all internal electrical wiring.
3) A layer of PhotonWrap
- PhotonWrap dramatically improves the thermal performance of your garden office without the risk of condensation build-up.
- The air-open membranes of PhotonWrap allow for water vapour to pass though from inside to outside. A superior method to adopt in the construction of a garden office than an air-closed membrane.
4) A 50mm layer of Rockwool RWA45.
Rockwool has excellent properties that are suited perfectly to the garden office market, both thermally and acoustically. This section of the wall is also water repellent and resistant to high temperatures. Rockwool RWA45 holds the best fire classification possible (A1), whilst being eco-friendly as it is constructed from natural materials.
5) 15mm of wipe clean, soft-touch Melamine to finish the internal wall of your garden office.
100mm heavy duty SIPS interlocking insulated panels sit on top of our concrete pile foundation. Strong enough for any heavy machinery, storage or activity (including gym equipment).
State of the art 90mm 4 layer heavily insulated composite roof panel, sloping to the rear to a full size gutter and down pipe.
Windows and Doors
TGOs incorporate the latest aluminium reinforced uPVC sliding doors or French door/window combination sets. All windows and doors are manufactured to BS7412 ensuring the maximum insurance recognized security.
Included in the price, we fit as standard full electrical installation including 3 double sockets, internal lighting, external lighting and even heating. All cavities wired and fully fitted